Are you unemployed citizens of Zambia and seeking for good Jobs where you can work to meet their living needs and learn a lot of new skills. People In Need invites suitable individuals to apply for Project Assistant Jobs Careers 2022 available at Mongu, Western, Zambia. Project Assistant Vacancies 2022 is available for passionate candidates, to learn, grow and develop their competencies. If you are seeking for Job Positions at Project Assistant 2022, you have come to the right place. You can read the full details about People In Need Jobs Vacancies is mentioned below.
People In Need Zambia: Project Assistant Vacancies 2022
- Company: People In Need
- Location: Zambia
People in Need works in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance.
We are looking for energetic, qualified individuals with passion and experience for developing biogas industry/environment.
Last Date for Applications: 21/11/2021
1. Position: Project Assistant
Location: Mongu (with frequent visits to the project’s locations in Western Province)
Contract duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Line Manager: Project Manager
The Project Assistant will be responsible for providing effective support and assistance to the Sustainable Livelihoods & Environment team to ensure smooth programme implementation in line with PIN and donor’s rules and regulations. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, he/she will provide the assistance and support to project administration, procurement, and record keeping/proper filling of project reports. The Project Assistant will directly report to Project Manager (PM) and work closely with Technical Coordinator (TC).
Project Implementation Support
- Supports Project Manager (PM) of the anticipated “BioGas Project” in designing Activity reports and monthly work plans
- Keeps project documentation (hard copies and on ELO) and work with finance and logistics staff to ensure all project procurements and contracts follow PIN and donor procedures. Supports drafting of donation contracts.
- Supports appointed trainers of the project in organization of trainings and other activities.
- Acts as the main contact person during the absence of project team members.
- If requested, conducts monitoring of project activities and afterwards submits monitoring report to Biogas PM.
- Administrative Support and Archiving
- Leads on and coordinates with MEAL Officer on standardizing the project forms, including attendance and payment sheets. Ensures that the team uses the standardized forms.
- Maintains and organizes up-to-date hard and electronic (ELO and SharePoint) project files for easy access and retrieval.
- Ensures safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Creates and maintains files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information and ensure up-to- date filing.
- Supports PM in writing official letters.
- Takes minutes of regular team meetings
- Keeps track of project schedules/date lines and informing the team accordingly.
- Supports Nutrition PM in maintain contact with stakeholders.
- Supports PM in pre-screening advances and clearances.
- Ensures that no data, receipts or attendance sheets are missing, all forms are filled in correctly, and calculations are done correctly.
- Ensures that correct BLs are used and that correct with full descriptions appearing on the documents.
- In case of distributions, he/she ensures that distribution sheets and cover sheets are filled in correctly.
- Completion of secondary education is required. University diploma (or equivalent) in Social studies or related field
- Skills & experience
- 3 years of progressive experience with administrative tasks.
- At least one-year experience working in a team
- An understanding of project management cycle
- Experience in working with multiple office software packages (MS Office)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to and understanding of PIN’s aims, values and principles
- Work experience in humanitarian/development settings
- Work experience with international NGO
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions
- only upon passing the next stage of interviews
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. PIN reserves the right to cancel the recruitment in any given time and reserves to contact only shortlisted candidates.
How Can I Apply?
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Mongu, Western, Zambia