Development Alternatives, Inc Zambia invites unemployed individuals to apply for Regional Technical Support Jobs 2021 / 2022 available at Kabwe, Central, Zambia. Central Province (ZONE 1) & Northern Province (ZONE 2). Development Alternatives, Inc Jobs is available for learners, where they can work to meet their living needs and learn a lot of new skills. You can read the full descriptions of Program Assistant – Regional Technical Support Vacancies is provided in the section below.
Development Alternatives, Inc: Program Assistant – Regional Technical Support Vacancies
- Company: Development Alternatives, Inc
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kabwe
USAID SCALING UP NUTRITION TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (SUN TA)
Program Assistant- Regional Technical Support
CENTRAL PROVINCE (ZONE 1) AND NORTHERN PROVINCE (ZONE 2)
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
1. Project Background:
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program.
SUN TA provides support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers. USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services. The project prioritizes sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model.
– ZONE 1: Kabwe, Central Province, Zambia
The Program Assistant – Regional Technical Support will be based in Kabwe, Central Province.
– ZONE 2: Kasama, Northern Province, Zambia
The Program Assistant will be based in Kasama, Northern Province.
The position shall be responsible for providing administrative support to Senior and Regional Managers and the Regional technical team based at the Kasama and Kabwe Office through provision of financial, administration and logistical support.
The Program Assistant -Regional Technical Support plays a key liaison and communication role between the Regional Managers, the district teams in both regions and the Lusaka-based SMT and Operations Unit, including the Chief of Party, to strengthen project coordination, implementation and effectiveness.
4. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Regional Managers by processing their payment requests, travel advances, and requests for goods and services, and other documents, as requested, according to DAI-SUN TA processes and procedures
- Provide clerical support including mailing, scanning and photocopying for Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Schedule appointments, meetings as directed and ensure that schedules and events are organized efficiently
- Document Regional management meetings, as requested, and share notes for review and feedback
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages)
- Maintain organized financial and administrative files according to specified file standards and photocopy and scan documents, as required, to maintain current files
- Support the other Program Assistants and Fleet Officer in busy times, or during their leave/absence with support to accommodation booking and reservations/events taking place in the regions, training planning and fleet management.
- Support the planning and coordination of the Zonal quarterly meetings ensuring all logistical notes and advisories are sent out to all districts
- Liaise with the Operations team to follow-up on status of requests for accommodation reservations for Regional staff
- Update, maintain and communicate trip schedule, which supports the Regional Staff activities and travel in collaboration with the Fleet Officer and the Program Assistant -Operations.
- He/she shall coordinate and monitor all transport requirements for Regional staff in each Zone
- Prepare for Meetings/provincial meetings or events hosted by the Regional Management Office
- Coordinate and support the arrangement of donor visits into the respective Zones, ensure all
- He/she will facilitate all transport requests for field visits and local travel and will forward requests to the Fleet Officer in a timely manner
- Support the Senior/Regional Managers in regular review and organization of travel plans
- Development of provincial Activity request for the PNCC in the respective Zones and share the approved ARFs with the respective district of activity implementation
- Assist the Senior/Regional Managers to coordinate the activity implementation at PNCC level
- Provide assistance to Senior/Regional Managers and Technical staff when in the field, as requested.
- Provide backstop administrative support to districts as assigned by the Regional Managers
- Liaise with the Regional Accounting officer regarding financial requests and other documents for Regional staff
- Manage petty cash
5. Reporting and Supervision:
- The Program Assistant- Technical Support directly reports to the Senior/Regional Managers with a dotted line of responsibility to Human Resource and Operations Manager.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in office administration in a company with over 50 employees
- Degree, Diploma in Business Administration
- Strong English verbal, writing and communication skills essential
- Excellent impersonal skills and telephone etiquette required
- Administrative, organizational and general office management skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Able to maintain good working relationships with team members while retaining high levels of confidentiality and discretion
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Kabwe, Central, Zambia