Do you have a passion for Teaching? Kids Alive Zambia invites unemployed qualified candidates to apply for Primary School Teacher Jobs 2022 available at Mongu, Western, Zambia. Kids Alive Zambia Jobs Optimize your skills, knowledge and work experience in the relevant fields of study. If you are seeking for Teaching Jobs / Teaching Careers in Mongu, you have come to the right place. You can read the full descriptions of Kids Alive Zambia Vacancies 2022 is mentioned below.
Primary School Teacher at Kids Alive Zambia
- Company: Kids Alive Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mongu
Position: Primary Teacher (1)
Status: Full time
Reporting to: Senior Teacher
Duration: One year (Renewable)
Location: Kids Alive Academy in Mongu
Kids Alive (www.kidsalive.org) is a Christ-centered organization that believes every child deserves to live free from the bondage of hunger, abuse, and exploitation. Our commitment to this Biblical truth compels us to rescue orphans and vulnerable children, and meet their spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional needs, with compassion and excellence.
We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious Primary School Teacher with strong Christian values and ready to take on the challenge of educating some of the most vulnerable children and ensure that they receive a good Christ centred education that with transform them forever.
The Primary School Class teacher will ensure assessment of the Children in the assigned class. The teacher will adequately prepare for class and ensure children learn through the most creative and exciting teaching method and tools. The teacher will also ensure academic progress is evaluated through some of the best tools and methodologies. You will ensure adherence health and safety, child protection policy.
As a Teacher, you will make a positive contribution towards the organization’s Christian ethos and witness.
1.0 Child Care and Learning
- To teach children on subjects assigned to the teacher according to the Ministry of Education Curriculum
- To assess specific educational, emotional and behavioral needs of individual children and report accordingly.
- Help maintain a high standard of discipline in the school.
- To produce visual displays of children’s work and endeavor to help create an attractive, stimulating learning environment
- To keep appropriate records of children’s progress and systematically evaluate progress.
- To undertake follow up visits to the homes of the children when necessary
- Develop and issue educational content including notes, tests, and assignments.
- Complete timely, neat, accurate documentation of daily assessments, screenings, and attendance for learners and other documentation that may be necessary to offer quality services to the children.
- Maintain a safe and clean teaching environment thereby modelling good hygiene practices.
- Monitor child behavior and performance and report accordingly for support
- Organize supplies and resources for teaching and presentations.
- Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning.
- Plan and implement various educational activities and events.
- Participate and get involved in school policy drafting, updating, development and implementation.
- Set weekly/monthly details of targets of performance with your supervisor for easy follow up and tracking.
- Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and term report forms.
- Attend parent-teacher meetings.
- Allocate and grade homework, assignments, and tests.
- Undertake any reasonable additional responsibilities at the request for the supervisor, school management or the Kids Alive management through the supervisor.
2.0 Spiritual nurture and safeguarding among children
- Provide practical and visible spiritual leadership and mentorship to children.
- Facilitate inspiration and the hope centered on Christ to children under Kids Alive programing.
- Ensure facilitation of Christ based trauma informed care for Children entrusted in your care.
- Ensure a safe and secure learning environment for children.
- Be creative in sharing and teaching on preventive measures from all forms of harm, abuse and exploitation and monitor/observe learner participation.
3.0 Communication and Networking
- Professional development by attending conferences, training events and to keep up to date with current good practice.
- Maintain a continuing awareness of developments in Early Years Practice and other relevant matters.
- Production of action plans to maintain continuous quality improvement for learners.
- To act as an ambassador for the school maintaining a positive image with integrity whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- To facilitate the promotion of the school in the local community
- To build positive links with Teacher’s associations in the area and relevant teacher working groups or any other online learning platforms.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the head teacher or lead teacher in accordance with the setting objectives.
Essential skills and competencies required:
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work and communicate effectively and collaboratively with a diverse people;
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members, to accept supervision and to help promote a positive environment;
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including clear speech expression, and accurate spoken
- English grammar and local dialect that can serve as a good communicative channel for children who are developing their language skills is desirable;
- Warm nurturing attitude, Friendly, approachable, self-motivated, even-tempered and adaptable;
- Understand Kids Alive mission statement and apply it in your daily work;
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Christ-based behaviors;
- Strong Christian with unquestionable religious disposition.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical thought processes with superb attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate in English
- Must be able to teach in English, Mbunda and Lozi
- Must be able to speak the local dialect and any other local languages fluently
- Strong teaching and report writing skills and abilities.
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to manage time, creative and broad thinking.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, showing concern for people and community.
- High level of self-motivation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum Certificate in Primary school teaching,
- Diploma Primary school teaching is added advantage
- Certificate or diploma in Early Childhood Education, Diploma in Literacy studies is an added advantage
- Computer literate is an added advantage
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) certifications/certificate relating to the position is added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of teaching methods and legal educational procedures.
- Holder of a valid practicing license
- Exposure, understanding and appreciation of the challenges of working in an NGO environment, respecting and understanding the diversity of our people and cultures.
- A committed Christian with a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a heart for serving orphans and vulnerable children.
- An established Christian with ability to share the gospel and use the word of God to strengthen and give inspiration to children and families.
- Full alignment with the driving mission/vision/core values of Kids Alive International, the Bible, Christian theology, statement of faith, and practice as stated on our website at www.kidsalive.org/meet-kidsalive/about/what-we-believe/ and www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/
- A commitment to champion and contribute towards the KA organizational culture.
- Consistent commitment to open and honest communication, demonstrating respect for all.
- Commitment to child protection and vulnerable safeguarding protocols
- Integrity and strong character confirmed by employment and personal references.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
How to Apply?
Candidates that fulfill the above selection criteria should send their application letter, CV, copies of practicing license and certificates by emailing to KAZrecruit@kidsalive.org or bring it to Kids Alive Zambia, Academy, Matongo Area. All hard copy and/or email applications must be submitted by Sunday 7th November 2021 at 17:00hrs. Kindly Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Child Safeguarding:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, includes rigorous background checks, which reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuse. NOTE Kids Alive Zambia is a legitimate employer, should you be asked for a fee during any stage of the application and/or recruitment process report to the relevant authorities or Kids Alive Zambia. If you are asked for money do not proceed with the process.
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Mongu, Western, Zambia