Restless Development Zambia is looking for suitable candidates to apply for Programme Officer Job Opportunities 2021 / 2022. Programme Officer Careers is available for learners, to gain valuable experience in the relevant field of study. Restless Development Zambia Provides a wide scope of career opportunities for qualifying candidates, where you can work to meet your living needs and learn a lot of new skills. The interested applicants should read the full details and descriptions of Programme Officer Vacancies 2021 / 2022 is mentioned below.
Programme Officer x3 at Restless Development Zambia
- Company: Restless Development Zambia
- Location: Zambia
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organization.
OUR APPROACH TO SAFEGUARDING
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives. We recognize that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Restless Development Zambia has since 2003, been equipping youth to voice their priorities; facilitating their access to decision makers for accountability; and supporting platforms for youth to demonstrate that they are effective change agents. We strengthen government, institutional and civil society partners’ capacity to engage with youth. Our evidence based policy engagement is unique in its approach, cutting across government, private sector and the NGO sector and this has set us apart as an innovative partner in development.
Restless Development will be implementing a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Project in Chadiza, Kasenengwa, and Mambwe in Eastern province. The Project Targets to put out of school adolescent girls’ needs and rights at the centre of all project activities. This target group has been selected because they are consistently left out of traditional adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (ASRHR) programming, are difficult to reach, and often have the greatest need.
The Projects also seeks to Increase enjoyment of health-related human rights by the most marginalized and vulnerable women and girls’ rights holders, particularly out of school adolescent girls in target areas. Increase equitable use of SRHR health services by diverse groups of women, adolescent girls, and children’s rights holders, particularly out of school adolescent girls, Improved provision of gender and adolescent responsive, inclusive and accountable health services by health care providers for diverse groups of women adolescent girls and children’s rights holders, particularly out of school adolescent girls. Improved effectiveness of key stakeholders, particularly women and girls’ rights organizations to advocate for evidence-based, accountable and equitable ASRHR policies, legal frameworks and services.
Restless Development therefore seeks to recruit for the project a dynamic, inspired and innovative Zambians to fill the roles of Programme Officer. The Programme Officers will be based in Chadiza, Kasenengwa, and Mambwe respectively, they will be responsible for the programme implementation, day-to-day project operations, establishing linkages with stakeholders at provincial and district levels in targeted schools and communities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job title: Programme Officer x3
Location: Chadiza, Kasenengwa, and Mambwe
Salary: ZMW 121,338 Basic Per Annum
Preferred start date: TBA
Length of contract: 2 Years
Visa requirements: Must have the right to work in Zambia
Reports: Senior Programme Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Expected travel: Expected national travel to programme Areas
1. Delivery of quality programmes
- Support in the creation of annual operational plans.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of the programmes
- Lead the implementation of donor approved and budgeted programme activities Monitor programme implementation as against set targets and timeframes.
- Support the reporting system by ensuring timely, accurate and consistent reports are submitted
- Implement the capacity building programmes with partner organisations and key Government Institutions.
- Input in the quarterly programme reviews to ensure that there is constant learning and that key changes are not left until the annual review.
- Take part in the training of volunteers across the organisation.
- Lead and support the development of programme learning documents.
- Develop and manage data bases for the programme in the province.
2. Management of Programme budgets
- Monitor programme budget as against planned and approved programme activities.
- Ensure that activity budgets are allocated to the lines which they are covering.
- Accountability for financial management for the project.
- Uphold all financial policies and procedures in all expenditure.
- Ensure spending within budget parameters and in line with plans.
- Prepare monthly budgets and requisitions, with an understanding of current budget position.
- Ensure that all requisitions and retirements are appropriately authorized and that all expenditure is backed up by the required support documentation.
3. Collaboration and engagement with MOGE and other Partners
- Organize and coordinate reality checks in the field.
- Identify service providers in the communities and link them to programmes.
- Network with partner organisations such as the service providers and other implementing partners.
- Work hand in hand with community, district and national level partners and stake holders in delivering work.
- Represent the organisation at partner/government meetings/forums.
- Other duties as required.
- You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate-level Degree, Diploma in relevant area, or equivalent work experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Good IT skills with competence in Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential
- Belief in the values of Restless Development and ability to uphold them personally
- A strong personal commitment to the values, code of conduct and methods of Restless Development
- Proven facilitation and training skills
- A high level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Leadership skills
- Team builder
- Relationship building
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), fluency in written and spoken English essential and excellent IT skills
- Experience working Government Institutions (MOGE) and conversant with their systems and operations
- Experience in community mobilization.
- A clear understanding of contemporary development issues particularly those related to economic opportunities for youth, sexual and reproductive health and rights
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Restless Development will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
We are proud to commit to a transparent global salary scale, ensuring a fair and comparable system of pay across all global locations.
Values and Culture
At Restless Development, we’re proud that the strength and integrity of our Values has been recognised by staff, beneficiaries, donors and others who we work with. Beyond this, we have a culture of recognising and celebrating both our Values and our global achievements with monthly Values Champions and an annual Values Day.
It goes without saying that we work hard, at Restless Development. We also recognise the importance of helping staff to maintain a positive work-life balance by offering:
- 24 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays and with an extra day of annual leave given for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days).
- Birthday Leave
- Access to flexible working.
- Generous study leave, maternity, paternity or adoption leave, and other leave allowances.
Restless Development is proud to be an employer who recognises potential and invests in the development of its staff. We are committed to the professional development of our staff through:
- Empowering opportunities to work on significant projects which stretch and inspire staff – allowing them to develop on-the-job.
- Regular performance management.
- Training and development opportunities, including supporting our staff to identify mentors both within and outside of the agency.
- Quarterly Staff Workshops for all staff to give and receive agency updates, receive training, and socialise.
Travel and medical insurance
We provide medical insurance to staff and one dependent. When travelling abroad with work, all staff will be covered by Restless Development’s travel insurance.
How to Apply
- Please send a completed application form to email@example.com by 5th November, 2021 indicating subject line as “APPLICATION_YOUR NAME_PROGRAMME OFFICER_PREFFERED LOCATION (TOWN)”.
- Please note that we do not accept CVs Resume’s or Covering letters.
- Interviews are scheduled to take place on a date TBA.
- Click Here to download application form.
- Click Here to download Job Description.
*Local residents are encouraged to apply.*
Candidates who feel they can meet the above mentioned requirements, should go to the official site of Restless Development Zambia, in order to apply online for the recently announced Programme Officer Jobs Opportunity 2021 / 2022.
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Lusaka, Zambia