Healthy Learners invites unemployed candidates to apply for Program Officer Jobs and Careers 2021 / 2022 available at Lusaka, Zambia. Healthy Learners Jobs will Optimize your Skills, knowledge and level of experience in the relevant fields of study. If you are seeking Program Officer Vacancies 2021 / 2022 in Zambia, you have come to the right place. Healthy Learners Careers mostly remain available in Zambia, you can get full advantage by joining the Program Officer Career Opportunity 2021. The full details and descriptions of Healthy Learners Positions is provided in the section below.
Program Officer at Healthy Learners
- Company: Healthy Learners
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Closing Date: 5 Nov 2021
Healthy Learners is an award-winning non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. We partner directly with the government and local communities in Zambia so that school children can stay healthy, learn effectively and have a brighter future. This year Healthy Learners was the inaugural winner of the 2021 Duke F.M. Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact and the UBS Optimus Foundation COVID-19 Relief Prize and has seen strong, steady growth in philanthropic support over time.
School-aged children in low resource settings suffer from a high burden of disease and lack access to even basic healthcare for otherwise preventable and curable illnesses. In the short term, these illnesses contribute to school absenteeism, poor academic performance and high drop-out rates. In the long term, they frequently result in life-long health challenges or disability that undermine physical, cognitive and emotional development and hinder economic prosperity.Healthy Learners is bridging this gap in Zambia through our unique model of school-based community health. By training teachers to be community health workers and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system, children now receive medical attention in substantially greater numbers, improving health outcomes and reducing absenteeism. Health Learners currently serve 250,000 students in Lusaka and, with the program now adopted by the government as policy, Healthy Learners is working with the Zambian government to scale nationally in all 10 provinces of the country by 2024.
Reporting to the Programs Coordinator, the Officer will work within the Program team to support program implementation, steward relationships with our implementing partners and ensure a well-functioning information system that responds to the program outputs and outcomes. The officer will support district level deployment and maintenance of data capturing tools, generation of program reports, and indicator tracking. S/he will work with the Program Coordinator and other members of the District Team to use data to support decision making, recommend improvements and ensure quality implementation of program activities.This is a hands-on position that requires both program implementation and monitoring and evaluation experience. A successful candidate should be excited to join the fast-pace environment of a rapidly growing and mission driven organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Implementation & Technical Support
- Support the Program Coordinator to develop, monitor and implement work-plans, schedules and budgets for the district.
- Oversee day-to-day activities within areas.
- Implement quality assurance policies and procedures within the district.
Support the implementation of programmatic changes within assigned
- Complete regular site visits to partner schools and health facilities and provide feedback and recommendations as necessary.· Provide technical support and mentorship to implementing partners (e.g. district offices, schools and health facilities)
- Identify, document and report on program related challenges and technical assistance needs; ensure timely and effective follow-up is completed.
- Ensure continuous supply for materials and supplies for program activities; request and coordinate delivery of supplies for the district as needed[MOU1] as required
- Maintain positive and healthy working relationship with implementing partners and respond to their inquiries, concerns and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Support the start-up of programs in new districts as required by management
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Oversee data collection processes at the district level; ensure the quality and accuracy of data.
- Ensure timely digital data collection device configuration, troubleshooting and data upload.
- Support the M&E Lead, Director of Program Expansion and Program Coordinator to implement training evaluations.
- Support baseline and ongoing data collection at new schools in the district in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- Ensure each school has necessary data collection tools and that a functional data collection and management system is in place.
KPI Tracking & Data Analysis
- Review and analyze district-level KPIs, reports and dashboards to monitor program implementation, identify issues, and generate lessons learned
- Help prepare and present on school, zonal, and district level performance summaries and reports for internal staff and implementing partners.
- Work with the Program Coordinator to lead the district-level data review sessions for all program areas and identify challenges and recommendations to improve program quality and efficiency
- Document and share lessons learned, complete reports in a timely manner and provide regular updates to the Program Coordinator
- ork with the Program Coordinator to lead capability building documentation of all school health program activities and implementation of school level monitoring and evaluation processes
Budgeting, Documentation and Reporting
- Support Program Coordinator in monthly budgeting processes and prepare variance reports on budgets, materials, and activities.
- Document key communication with partners and other stakeholders
- Compile data on the status of program implementation and work with the Program
- Coordinator to prepare progress reports; maintain all records related to program activities.
- Work with the Admin Department to support payment processes and prepare payment requisition.
- Support program related MOU preparations and signing process with implementing partners.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed, organized and filed.
Specific requirements include:
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial and flexible, ability to thrive in a fast paced and growing organization where creativity, mutual respect, and adaptability are valued
- Strong experience in project planning and management.
- Demonstrated expertise in monitoring and evaluation
- Analytic thinker and decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate key objectives and tactics
- Commitment to quality service delivery and data-driven program implementation.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Demonstrated hands-on practical experience implementing program services
- Demonstrable analytical skills to review and assess performance data
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Strong working experience in MS. Excel and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in management electronic data collection is a plus
- Prior experience working in communities with schools or health facilities is a plus
- Passion for Healthy Learners’ Vision & Mission
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Public Health, Epidemiology, · · Statistics, Social Sciences, or relevant field.
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and 1-page cover letter to email@example.com no later than 05th November 2021.
All application must be addressed to;
The Vice President of Operations
Note: You can learn more about our work by visiting www.healthylearners.org.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, you should apply online for the recently announced Program Officer Job Vacancies 2021 / 2022 by going through the official site of Healthy Learners.
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Lusaka, Zambia