Jhpiego is currently looking for suitable candidates to apply for Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Officer Jobs 2021 / 2022 available at Chipata and Lusaka.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer x2 at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following positions: –
Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer (2)
Location: Chipata and Lusaka
Reports to: Evaluation and Research Advisor
Position Supervised: Site-Level Data Associates
MER Systems Development & Implementation
- Daily/monthly data collection, collation and compilation from health facilities
- Conduct Routine data quality assessments, update indicator performance trackers, prepare data review presentations, bulletins and consolidate monthly reports.
- Support data management and reporting for program quality assessments/initiatives.
- Provide evidence to inform project strategies and work plans aligned with project objectives
- Development of donor reports and other organization wide reporting requirements using DATIM and other internal systems
- Prepare Institutional Review Board (IRB) submission packages and manage IRB processes from submission through approval working with all mandatory agencies
- Identify abstracts and potential manuscripts, support drafting of abstracts and papers, ensuring data inputs and accurate results with appropriate statistical tests.
- Organize and facilitate evaluation dissemination events with appropriate dissemination tools Ensures that evaluation reports and datasets are archived as required ensuring confidentiality and integrity.
Technical Assistance for M&E and HMIS Strengthening
- Assessment of MER & HMIS gaps and implement appropriate technical assistance services working closely with facility staff in supported sites
- Support Data Quality Improvement (DQI) approaches and collaborate with MOH at provincial and district level to conduct appropriate DQI activities as required
- Support deployment of context appropriate data analysis, data review and data use tools to supported locations
- Organize provincial learning events and visits for cross learning across districts and provinces
- Support capacity building for research and evaluations including abstracts and manuscript development
Knowledge Management & Stakeholder Management
- Identify case studies and success stories from project reports and activities
- Support team members to review and rewrite case studies and success stories
- Support knowledge asset identification, archiving and retrieval, following up with provincial project team members to ensure organizational Knowledge Management tools are consistently used
- Develop and update project bulletins (internal and external)
- Cultivate strategic MER relationships and alliances with other implementing partners
- Recruitment and mentorship of data associates and facility personnel.
- Degree in Demography, Development Studies, Statistics or equivalent.
- 6-7 experience in successful field implementation and management of M&E programs.
- Experience in implementing USG funded programs with understanding of donor regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Strong data analysis and data management skills
- Technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including at least 4-5 of the following:
- Data quality improvement
- Timely data analysis, synthesis and communication of results
- Design and implementation of evaluation protocols
- Design and implementation of program monitoring systems
- Development and field-testing of data collection instruments for M&E indicators
- Data collection planning and implementation (routine or survey)
- Translation of complex data systems and results into understandable lessons learned and action priorities for programmatic and other technical staff
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, supervisory and conflict management skills
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently with very little supervision.
- A team player with ability to work with a very diverse group of people and environment.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results
- Strong communication (writing and oral presentation) skills
How to Apply
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: Thursday, October 21, 2021.
- Salary Offer 000 USD 000 Month
- Address Chipata, Eastern, Zambia