Jhpiego invites talented and passionate candidates who live in Lusaka to be a part of their Senior Program Officer Jobs Opportunity 2021 / 2022. Its best opportunity for you to gain valuable experience. The Jhpiego Career Opportunity is available for learners, So you can get full advantage by joining the Senior Program Officer Vacancies 2021 / 2022. If you are looking for Jhpiego Jobs and Jhpiego Vacancies in Lusaka, you have come to the right place. The full details and descriptions of Senior Program Officer Vacant Posts is provided in the section below.
Senior Program Officer at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following positions: –
Senior Program Officer
Reports: Program Operations Specialist
Supervisees: Program Officer
The Senior Program Officer (SPO) under guidance of the DOD Program Director and the Jhpiego Country Office Programs Operations Specialist will lead the day-to-day project management tasks of Jhpiego’s DOD care and treatment project. The SPO is accountable for annual workplan development, coordinating PEPFAR reporting, monitoring scope, schedule and cost performance, managing risk, and leading the DOD Community program team. The SPO will facilitate subaward management. The SPO will work closely with the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) lead to plan and implement M&E activities
- Facilitate DOD Community annual and quarterly workplan development reviewing and consolidating inputs from project team.
- Collaborate with Finance and Admin Director in developing realistic and feasible annual budgets and coordinate activity-related budget inputs
- Oversee accurate use of activity monitoring tools
- Coordinate with finance unit to PEFPAR budget presentations and reporting.
- Coordinate cash flow forecasts for project’s activity
- Communicate project’s scope, schedule and cost performance with DOD program leadership in compliance with Jhpiego’s internal project monitoring systems.
- Convene project’s subaward management team overseeing subawardee performance, annual budget development, reporting, and invoicing.
- Maintain project risk log and coordinate risk monitoring plan.
- Liaise with technical staff to recruit, supervise, and support layworkers, mobilizers, data clerks, and volunteers supporting the project.
- Review and approve project activities in compliance with Jhpiego’s internal process.
- Work with Jhpiego’s Finance and Administrative unit to organize logistics for monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Lead development the project’s procurement plan in collaboration with Jhpiego’s procurement unit and the project team.
- Support scheduling and logistics of the DOD MER team activities.
- Manage change control for the training team including reviewing change requests, assessing impact on scope, schedule and cost and make recommendations to Senior Program Officer.
- Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or related field.
- 7-8 years’ experience with increasing level of responsibility
- Understanding of PEPFAR programming requirements
- Experience with public health projects
- Experience in Office management for projects funded by international donors (knowledge of US Government regulations preferred but not a must)
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results.
- Strong communication (writing and oral presentation) skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: Thursday October 21, 2021.
- Salary Offer 000 USD 000 Month
- Address Lusaka, Zambia