Jhpiego is currently looking for talented and hard-working candidates to apply for Program Assistant Jobs 2021 / 2022 available at Lusaka, Zambia. The Jhpiego Program Assistant Vacant Positions is available for those candidates who want to learn, grow and develop their skills and competencies. The Program Assistant Vacancies / Program Assistant Careers will provide you with valuable experience in the relevant fields of study. The full details about Jhpiego Job Vacancies is provided in the section below.
Program Assistant x2 at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following positions: –
Program Assistant (x2)
Reports to: Senior Program Officer
The Program Assistant will support administrative and logistical activities under the DOD project portfolio within the Jhpiego Country office, Zambia. Working with the project team, s/he will develop activity requests, initiate and monitor procurement, and coordinate logistics for project activities.
- Provide general administrative and project based support.
- Support the assigned project portfolio, particularly the Department of Defense
- Prepare activity and travel requests for planned activities.
- Initiate procurement process and work with Procurement Unit to monitor progress.
- Working with Procurement Unit, coordinate distribution of supplies and materials to project sites.
- Organize logistics for training activities including identifying and securing the services of facilitators, preparing all training materials, identifying and inviting participants.
- Support implementation of project activities including distribution of participant per diem, providing on-site logistical support during activity, and liaising with the venue.
- Assist project staff to prepare reports, presentations and other documents as needed.
- Business Administration (Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Office Management).
- 3- 4 years’ experience in a responsible office.
- Experience in Office management for projects funded by international donors.
- (knowledge of US Government regulations preferred but not a must)
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and Word Perfect applications.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- The ability to work on several major and minor activities simultaneously.
- Excellent general administrative skills, including excellent judgment and integrity.
- Strong program-related administrative management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multiple requests.
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated ability in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among Jhpiego staff.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: Thursday October 21, 2021.
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements, you should apply online for the recently announced Program Assistant Job Opportunity 2021 / 2022 by going through the official site of Jhpiego.
- Salary Offer 000 USD 000 Month
- Address Lusaka, Zambia