Sos Children’s Villages Zambia is looking for suitable individuals to apply for the Internal Auditor Jobs and Careers 2021 / 2022 available at Lusaka, Zambia. Sos Children’s Villages Zambia Vacancies is available for those candidates who have passion to make their career in Audit department, If you are looking for Auditor Jobs / Auditor Vacancies at Lusaka, you have come to the right place. You can read the full details about Sos Children’s Villages Zambia Careers / Sos Children’s Villages Zambia Jobs is provided in the section below.
Internal Auditor at Sos Children’s Villages Zambia
- Company: Sos Children’s Villages Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a child focussed organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. To realise the mission of the organisation, SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is recruiting for an Internal Auditor.
A. MISSION OF THE POSITION: –
The Internal Audit Unit will be responsible for auditing SOS Children’s Villages Programmes/ Projects and facilities located in Zambia. Will report directly to the Board of Trustees but with a dotted line to the National Director and to Head of Internal audit & compliance at IOR ESAF. Internal Auditor position is to provide an independent and objective assurance on overall support and assistance to the organization regarding leadership, management and supervision. S/he is required to ensure timely, appropriate and informed planning, organization, coordination of the risk management and internal audit activities for the organization, direct and control the functions of internal audit and Risk Management Unit. She/he is responsible for assessing existing risks in the organization using up to date risk assessment methodology, assist and advise SMT about current and emerging risk exposures, based on the assessment, rank them in overall organizational perspective. Will be required to disclose growth areas and application problems and suggests applicable solutions for exceptions and problems disclosed. The Internal Audit Unit will provide regular advisory services to senior management team and ensure that organizational resources are properly managed and utilized. Ensure the technical integrity and clear presentation of audit and risk findings and recommendations, providing advice on policy and implementation of audit recommendations throughout the organization.
INTERNAL AUDITOR (1) – National Office, Lusaka
Qualifications & Experience
1. Full Grade Twelve School Certificate and Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
2. Full ACCA, CIMA, CFE.
3. Membership of both the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is necessary.
4. Five (5) years or more of proven experience purely in Internal Audit with atleast two of these in Non -Governmental Organizations.
5. Proven computer literacy.
To ensure the availability, compliance and continuous monitoring of SOS Children’s Villages Zambia’s policies, procedures and internal control systems.
- To formulate, design and implement internal audit policies and procedures.
- Develop an internal audit charter, annual audit plan, audit programs, audit engagement letters and update them when required.
- To prepare risk based annual internal work plans and budgets.
- To conduct association –wide risk assessments and internal control evaluations.
- To conduct financial, operational and compliance risk based audits.
- Regular review and verify the existence and adequacy of internal control system in place to safeguard organizational assets achieve efficiency and effectiveness in operations and ensure SOS Zambia is operating within government regulations.
- To communicate results of audit and consulting projects through written reports and oral presentations to Management.
- To ensure the preparation and submission of quarterly reports to the finance and audit committee.
- To monitor and report on the timely implementation of management actions recommended in all audit reports.
- To develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Undertake special assignments, including investigating fraud on duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, and non-compliance with country laws, Government regulations, a statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment and Labor Relations and any other applicable local requirements and advise the National Director and the Board of Trustees.
- Provides an advisory role as required for programs in establishing internal control system policy, regulation and procedural issues.
- To liaise with external auditors.
The jobholder will functionally report to the finance and audit committee of the board of trustees, will also liaison and work with the regional internal audit and compliance team for technical support and administratively to the National Director.
- Ability to effectively interact with both the Management and Board of Trustees.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and able to travel out of station frequently.
- Be of high moral standing and personal integrity.
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 000000 USD 000000 Month
- Address Lusaka, Zambia