PATH is looking for suitable candidates to apply for Technical Strategy and Business Development Advisor Jobs 2021 / 2022 available at Lusaka, Zambia.
Technical Strategy and Business Development Advisor Jobs at PATH Zambia
Closing Date: 30 Nov 2021
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Africa Division leverages its internal and global expertise to drive transformative and innovative practices that reflect the African context. By mobilizing our talent within the region and working with our global teams, we take innovation to scale by working alongside our Ministries of Health to reduce health disparities. With the potential for expansion to new countries, the Africa division currently works across seven country offices and three project offices distributed among four hubs—Central, East, Southern, and West Africa.
PATH is recruiting a Technical Strategy and Business Development Advisor to oversee positioning and proposal development for the Southern Africa regional hub. This position will report to the Africa Regional Director of Technical Strategy and Business Development and will drive the implementation of the division’s strategic planning and business development initiatives in Southern Africa. This position will be based in either Lusaka, Zambia, or Johannesburg, South Africa.
This position will work with Southern Africa country teams to champion engagement strategies for priority donors and strategic partners while building PATH’s reputation and brand in the region. Working closely with country leadership, they will identify and manage a multi-year pipeline of bilateral, multilateral, foundation, and private funding opportunities. Successful candidates will have a public health background, existing networks and connections with Ministries of Health, public and private donors, and local and international organizations, including USAID, as well as be personally motivated to carry out PATH’s mission.
Lead Technical Strategy Efforts (40%)
- Represent PATH Southern Africa programs on project teams, task forces, and technical meetings with internal and external partners.
- Conduct technical due diligence of proposals, donor reports, and progress reports.
- Liaise with donors and government leaders to ensure buy-in and effective implementation of regional technical strategies.
- Identify best practices and country priorities and support the introduction and scale-up of innovative technical interventions.
Develop and Execute Donor and Partner Engagement Strategies (25%)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with public and private donors, including USAID, CDC, multi-laterals, foundations, and the private sector, and key stakeholders in Ministries of Health by:
- Sharing information on PATH’s regional global health efforts.
- Attending meetings and networking events (e.g., country health strategy meetings, relevant bidders’ meetings, donor consultations, etc.).
- Maintaining outreach with international and local NGOs as well as private sector firms to facilitate partnerships for program development opportunities.
- Maintain data and strategic information in Salesforce, providing regular updates to leadership to reflect the evolving relationships and funding opportunities.
Pipeline and Proposal Management (25%)
- Develop and manage a multi-year pipeline of regional public and private funding opportunities to ensure consistent achievement of revenue goals.
- Shepherd specific opportunities through go/no-go decision-making processes.
- Support development of sound, responsive, and compelling proposals.
- Work with PATH Communications and country teams to develop and customize marketing materials, pitch presentations, and concept notes.
- Research sector trends and conduct virtual and in-person networking.
Knowledge Management and Proposal Improvement (10%)
- Support building a roster of regional key personnel (technical and non-technical) candidates and proposal consultants.
- A first degree in health or related field and Masters in Public health with a minimum of 8 years of related experience are required.
- Comprehensive understanding of public health in Southern Africa.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain productive relationships with current and potential public and private donors and local, regional, and international partners across the region.
- Demonstrated experience working with government and public health officials at every level.
- Knowledge of global health trends, issues, and priorities and bilateral, multilateral, foundation, and private sector global health donors.
- Proven experience positioning and developing proposals for US Government, other bilateral, multilateral, foundation, and corporate donor opportunities.
- Experience expanding programming into new countries preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing diverse internal relationships to achieve goals.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities across time zones.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills are required.
- Ability to travel, if necessary, when deemed safe.
Must have legal authorization to work in the country of application.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 000 USD 000 Month
- Address Lusaka, Zambia