Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia invites unemployed candidates to join Injection Machine Specialist Jobs / Careers 2021 / 2022 based in Lusaka.
Injection Machine Specialist at Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia
- Company: Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
The primary role of the Injection Machine Specialist is maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices to ensure that plant availability and product quality at minimum cost; without sacrificing standards. The role also entails providing specialised injection machine skill and knowledge to the shift team, and to support the operations, maintenance and problem solving activities of the shift teams. This position reports into Maintenance Controller.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations. This will include standby and day shift support.
- Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving. This must be undertaken in support of the process artisan.
- Provide guidance and advice to the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams.
- Monitor and manage performance of equipment.
- Ability to work shifts and be available on call-out where necessary
- Verify and ensure that machines are running at rated speed
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Planner.
- Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feed back to the Maintenance Planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritising outstanding work.
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques
- Partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the shift artisans in carrying out repairs.
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action.
- Solicits external specialist assistance where required; e.g. OEM’s (as agreed with the Packaging Engineer).
- Verify that running repairs carried out address the problems
- Apply the correct problem solving methodologies to resolve problems
- Solicit additional resources to assist in problems solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Packaging Engineer for direction.
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and to identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected.
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhering to appropriate CCBA policies and procedures.
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of their duties
Skills, Experience & Education
Grade 12 O level with 5 Credits or better
Diploma (Mechanical / Electrical with some instrumentation) as added advantage
5 years’ work experience (FMCG an added advantage)
PC literacy essential – Microsoft packages. Knowledge of SAP Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 0000000 USD 0000000 Month
- Address Lusaka, Zambia