The Bank of Zambia invites suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for their Legal Counsel Jobs 2022. If you are unemployed and looking for Job Opportunities at Zambia, you have come to the right place. Bank Of Zambia Jobs / Bank Of Zambia Careers will Optimize your skills, competencies and boost your level of experience. You can read the full details of Legal Counsel Vacancy 2022 at Bank Of Zambia is mentioned below.
Legal Counsel Jobs 2022 at Bank of Zambia
- Company: Bank of Zambia
- Location: Zambia
LEGAL COUNSEL, (1 POST)
To provide legal services to the Bank in compliance with the provision of the law and in accordance with Bank Policies in order to protect the Bank’s interests.
• Provide legal opinions and advise on the interpretation of relevant statutes to provide sound advice and ensure that operations are in accordance with the Law.
• Advise the Bank on new legislation and all legislative queries, amendments, repeals that may be proposed or considered.
• Review and draft of contracts, legislations, policies, rules and procedures and keep records thereof to protect the Bank’s and other stakeholders’ interests.
• Represent the Bank in court and attend to all litigation matters including the drafting of appropriate court process, interlocutory applications and generally to safeguard the interests of the Bank and other stakeholders in all active or pending court cases to ensure that favourable judgements are recorded where the Bank institutes the litigation or defends a matter.
• Prepare all case work for court litigation, mediation or ex-curia settlement which ever may occur.
• Identify and arrange appropriate witnesses for pre trail briefs with external lawyers.
• Review judgments, pronouncements, determination of the judicial bodies and advise the Bank on the effects of such decisions on the operations of the Bank.
• Prosecute matters under the Bank of Zambia Act, Banking and Financial Services Act and the National Payment Systems Act to enforce compliance with the law.
• Undertake conveyance on behalf of the Bank to protect the interest of the Bank.
• Collect and maintain, both electronic and hard copy, of all the relevant Acts, Statutory Instruments for the Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
• LLB, AHCZ, ASCZ + a valid practicing certificate
• Five (5) years’ relevant experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
• LLM an added advantage.
Key Knowledge and Attributes
• Excellent Knowledge of High Court and Supreme Court Rules
• Good advocacy skills
• Good trial court skills
• Good knowledge of Zambian employment case law
• Excellent knowledge of the Banking and Financial Services
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Lusaka, Zambia