The Pension and Insurance Authority is offering the Assistant Accountant Jobs 2020 in Zambia. If you are looking for Jobs at Pension and Insurance Authority, You can have a look on the details and descriptions.
The Pensions and Insurance Authority is the regulatory and supervisory authority for the pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia as provided for in the Pensions Scheme Regulations Act No.28 of 1996 (as amended) and the Insurance Act No. 27 of 1997 (as amended). The Authority is empowered under section 5 of the Pensions Scheme Regulations Act No. 28 of 1996 (as amended) to formulate standards in the conduct of Insurance and Pensions business. The Authority supervises and regulates entities operating in the pensions and insurance market. These include, among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
Assistant Accountant (Base: Zambia- Lusaka)
Reporting to the Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for payments and receipts, maintain the fixed assets register, stationery, petty cash, maintenance of logical filling system and collection and delivery of financial correspondence
Specific duties: –
- To receive and receipt payments to the authority and thereafter, on a daily basis deposit the funds in the Authority’s bank accounts
- To maintain and prepare the monthly cashbook
- To maintain the fixed assets register
- To maintain a logical and systematic filing system for all accounting documents
- To raise payments in accordance with company procedures and relevant regulations
- To prepare bank reconciliations
- To prepare statutory returns
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution or Professional qualification such as part ACCA / ZICA/CIMA
- Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience at a similar level
- A Member of ZICA
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit an application letter, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below. The deadline is 31th August, 2019.
- HR and Administration Manager Pension and Insurance Authority Stand No. 4618 Lubwa road, Rhodespark P/Bag 30x Ridgeway Lusaka.
- Address HR and Administration Manager Pension and Insurance Authority Stand No. 4618 Lubwa road, Rhodespark P/Bag 30x Ridgeway Lusaka.
- Experience Level Manager