WeForest Zambia Ltd invites unemployed citizens of Zambia to apply for Lead Extensionist Officer Vacancies 2021 / 2022. Lead Extensionist Officer Jobs and Careers is available for learners, where you can work to meet your living needs and learn a lot of new skills, so you can get full advantage by joining the Lead Extensionist Officer Careers Opportunity 2021 / 2022. The interested applicants should read the full details and descriptions of WeForest Zambia Ltd Job Vacancies is provided in the section below.
Lead Extensionist at WeForest Zambia Ltd
- Company: WeForest Zambia Ltd.
- Location: Zambia
WeForest Zambia is a local NGO that is looking to expand its team with a new professional Lead extensionist who will work in a dynamic team on our objective towards co-managing Katanino forest reserve, which will involve restoration through assisted natural regeneration, local community livelihood improvement and gender equitable development. The extensionist will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and will mainly be active in the field in Katanino, Masaiti district.
1. Deliver agricultural extension services to the local community in the Katanino area
2. Conduct socio-economic surveys of the local community in Katanino
3. Train the local community in farm management and farm account keeping
4. Help in the establishment of fruit and vegetable nurseries
5. Assist in alternative livelihoods development such as beehive schemes, livestock production and crop production
6. Assist in participatory processes to develop village-based land use maps and plans
7. Train the local community in Conservation Agriculture, Agroforestry and Forestry practices
8. Communicate directly with the Project Manager amongst others regarding project activities.
- Education: A minimum of a degree in Agriculture, Agroforestry or equivalent
- Language: Fluent in English (both speaking and writing) and Bemba/Lamba
- Work experience: Preferably 2 years’ relevant work experience in the agricultural sector
- Skills: Excellent coordination, training and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of small-scale agribusiness, micro-crediting, agroforestry and horticulture
- Knowledge of beekeeping, nursery management, soil and crop science
- Strong and comfortable working in the field with the local community
- Be willing to relocate and live in Katanino, Masaiti District.
- Full-time, up to a maximum of 44 hours per week. Working Monday through Saturday morning, hours will vary depending on project needs and flexibility is essential.
- Employee contract of 1year can be signed with a probation period of 3 months, starting January 2022.
- Based close to Katanino forest reserve, where the Project office is being established
- Remuneration based on experience
How Do I Apply?
Send your Motivation letter and CV with at least three referees to (firstname.lastname@example.org) not later than the 10 November 2021. Please refrain from applying if you do not meet the above criteria.
- Salary Offer 00000 USD 00000 Month
- Address Luangwa, Lusaka, Zambia