European Union Delegation
European Union Delegation: Project Officer Jobs 2020
European Union Delegation Announce the Project Officer “Infrastructure” Jobs In Zambia 2020, Its best Chance to Catch This Opportunity & Optimize Your Skills, If You are Intrested In this Job You May Apply Project Officer “Infrastructure” Jobs 2020 Available at European Union Delegation.
The European Union Delegation to Zambia and COMESA is looking for:
Project Officer – Infrastructure The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Zambia and COMESA
- Ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Zambia and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA);
- Ensures the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation (financial and technical);
- Ensures the follow-up of EU policies in all sectors;
- Promotes and defends the values and interests of the EU;
- Coordinates the work of the Member States’ Embassies, particularly in the fields of EU competences, notably trade and external assistance;
- Ensures the tasks of the EU Presidency and carries out CFSP demarches as appropriate;
- Reports back to Headquarters on all matters of interest for EU policies;
- Carries out press and public diplomacy activities in pursuit of the above;
- Ensures the multi-annual programming of aid and the management of programmes and devolved projects within the framework of the external aid instruments of the EU Budget and the European Development Fund in line with the Communication “Increasing the impact of EU Development Policy: an Agenda for Change”.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer in the Infrastructure team – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Team Leader and the Head of Cooperation.
Place of employment: Lusaka, Zambia
Starting basic salary (gross): 37,146.00 ZMW
Total Working hours per week: 37.5
We offer a competitive position in an international working environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a good knowledge of English both oral and written;
- Education and training: University Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Certified knowledge on project management and financing will be an advantage
- Professional experience: at least 5 years of experience in the field of Infrastructure (e.g. transport, energy, water and sanitation), preferably with international development organisations / diplomatic missions or private companies, incl. experience in infrastructure project management comprising appraisal and design stage, preparation / verification of BoQ and contract payment procedures.
- Demonstrated good computer skills including experience with MS Office, Internet, E-mail and other office tools.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Capacity to communicate clearly both orally and in written form
- High sense of initiative and responsibility, commitment and integrity
- Ability to work in a team
- Dynamism and flexibility
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
- Sensitivity to diverse cultural environment
Please send your application and supporting documents to Delegation-Zambia-Recruitment@eeas.europa.eu.
Mentioning in the subject line: “Vacancy: Project Officer Infrastructure”
The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV with at least two traceable relevant former employers’ referees and scanned copy of relevant qualifications (educational and working experience).
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The selected candidate should be able to provide the original documents of the required educational and professional experience.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone.
Please address any queries concerning this procedure to:
The deadline for applications is: 15 November 2019 at 17hrs00
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Interested parties that do not fulfil the minimum requirements should NOT apply.
Job Title: Project Officer – Infrastructure (Local Agent Cat 1)
Functions and Duties:
To assist the Team Leader of the Infrastructure Sectors (energy, transport, water supply and sanitation) of the Delegation in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the EDF funded projects in Zambia and COMESA region.
General Programme Management
- Manage the identification, formulation and implementation of the European Development Fund support programs in Infrastructure sectors in Zambia and the COMESA region, in line with the project cycle management approach and with specific focus on technical, administrative and financial project management issues.
- Collaborate with development partners in the development of financing arrangements and financial packaging/blending of priority infrastructure projects
- Regular monitoring of projects/contracts under the responsibility of the jobholder, including supervision of contractors, attendance of project/programme technical meetings, steering committees and field missions;
- Ensure mainstreaming of climate change measures as well as gender equality in relevant programmes/projects
- Ensure appropriate visibility of EU funded infrastructure programmes/projects
- Contract Management utilizing the existing ICT systems/tools
- Support policy dialogue with national authorities and regional bodies;
- Support coordination with cooperating partners and particularly with the EU Member States and with development and investment banks.
- Assist in the preparation of the team’s regular reporting, including inputs for annual reports, project fiches, thematic notes etc.;
- Assist in the preparation of briefings and speeches, preparation of official missions and events;
- Perform any other activities assigned by the Team Leader matching the officer’s
- perience and professional background.
Budget and Finance
- Financial monitoring and initial verification of payment requests (in collaboration with the Finance and Contracts Section),
- Verify financial and budgetary aspects of programs carried out specifically in the areas of tendering, contracting, preparation of work plans and audits in accordance with applied manuals and circuits.
- Prepare and negotiate works, service, supply, grant contracts and contribution agreements
Internal Audit and Evaluations
- Support preparation and implementation of audits and evaluations for programmes and specific contracts
- A university degree in Civil Engineering or related field; certified knowledge on project management and financing will be an advantage
- Fluent in English, with very good writing skills;
- Computer literacy (knowledge of MS Office, Internet, E-mail, other office tools)
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative; commitment and integrity; capacity to work in a team; ability to work and deliver under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands.
- Familiarity with EU project management procedures will be an advantage;
Relevant professional experience of at least 5 years, preferably with an international development organisation or private company, incl. experience in infrastructure project management comprising appraisal and design stage, preparation/verification of BoQ and contract payment procedures.
How to Apply
Follow the instructions Above to Read Job Details & Apply
If You Becoming the Minimum Ability Standard as Mentioned Above, You Should Apply Online for the Recently Announced Project Officer “Infrastructure” Jobs 2020 Available at European Union Delegation.