Laura and Partners
Deputy Finance Manager Jobs 2020 at Laura and Partners
Laura and Partners Announce the Deputy Finance Manager Jobs In Zambia 2020, Its best Chance to Catch This Opportunity & Optimize Your Skills, If You are Intrested In this Job You May Apply Deputy Finance Manager Jobs 2020 Available at Laura and Partners.
Our Client, Catholic Relief Services, wishes to fill the role of Deputy Finance Manager –
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need. Since 2000, CRS Zambia has been implementing a number of programmes to support vulnerable Zambians. Its recent programming areas include: nutrition, agriculture, food security, HIV/AIDS, WASH, financial inclusion, and early child development.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will oversee all activities that ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and documentation of the Finance Department’s accounting operations and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, yearly, and as-needed) in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. They will help set the standard for the Country Program’s (CP’s) financial stewardship through professional maintenance, utilization, and analysis of all cash resources controlled by the CP.
- Oversee accounting processes, policies, and service delivery and maintain accounting controls to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording and management of financial transactions and internal controls in compliance with CRS’ financial management policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Ensure SunSystems financial accounting package is updated with relevant information for capturing accurate financial data (such as daily exchange/conversion rates, cost allocation tools, posting of transactions, etc.).
- Review and analyze financial reports, including cost allocation of shared costs, to verify financial transactions. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure all transactions are accurately stated and appropriately classified. Work with relevant staff to address irregularities and resolve accounting issues, and ensure correction of accounting entries and payroll.
- Serve as the key point person on all issues related to financial transaction records. Provide proactive advice, support, and capacity building to managers, and staff to ensure compliance with standards and proper records of financial transactions, as well as to support strengthening of internal control.
- Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated timely as per established reporting schedules (month end reports) and assist staff with financial reports analysis.
- Oversee maintenance of a good filing system of required supporting documentation to ensure easy access and retrieval, and a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Ensure efficient management of cash flows and availability of sufficient and optimal cash in the CP’s operating account through monitoring cash balances (both cash-in-bank and cash-on-hand), preparing bank reconciliations, analyzing and forecasting cash needs.
- Participate in the monitoring and assessments of subrecipients.
- Supervise staff
Education and Experience
- Full ACCA/CIMA/CA, Degree in Finance and/or Accounting or equivalent.
Minimum of three years’ experience in a position with similar roles and responsibilities.
- International NGO experience and practical application of United States Government (USG) donors’ regulations a must.
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of local law in the area of taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems, Oracle financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
- At least Licentiate Membership of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Accuracy and completeness with a strong eye for detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
Travel Required (25%)
Willingness to travel regularly to field offices, with occasional international travel.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Projects Accountants and Accounts Officers
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviours related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Applicants Instructions: Please forward a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references to:
The Manager, Human Capital Laura and Partners Consulting Limited Lusaka
Email applications to: email@example.com
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If You Becoming the Minimum Ability Standard as Mentioned Above, You Should Apply Online for the Recently Announced Deputy Finance Manager Jobs 2020 Available at Laura and Partners.